environmental organizations directory

Stuff. Some Free. Some for Sale.


Mercury

Public Domain Image via Wikimedia Commons

Mercury is a metal. It has the unusual characteristic - for a metal - of being liquid at room temperature. Mercury sees many uses, from dental fillings to fungicides to various industrial processes. Mercury is also poisonous. It is a neurotoxin and, at high enough doses, can damage the brain or even cause death.


I look at wilderness now with profound respect, knowing it must be preserved as a retreat for harried mankind in a world hurtling toward what seems to be a complete divorce from the past.
~Sigurd Olson ~

about · contact